Directions for Completing the Application Form

Directions for Completing the Application Form
Please use ballpoint pen for filling out an application form. The applicants must fill out all forms by hand. Please print.
Please circle () the pertinent items, for example, male/female and single/married, and usein the
Please do not put anything in sections indicated by.
Please get advice and consultation from people who understand Japanese well before submitting the application form.

A. Application for Admission
1) Photograph
Must be taken within 3 months prior to the application.
Must be full-face, showing the upper half of the body, with no cap and no background
3 additional photographs, each signed on the back, should be attached to the application form.

2) Name
Must be completed in either kanji or katakana. When kanji is used, the reading of the characters must be shown clearly.

3) Name in Roman letters
Must use the same spelling as indicated in the applicant’s passport.

4) Nationality
Must be filled out in either kanji or katakana.

5) Permanent Address
The sequence of the address in the applicant’s home country must be in the followingorder: country, state, province or prefecture; city or town; street and number. If the applicant is living in Japan at the time of application, the address of the guarantor living in the applicant’s home country must be indicated.

6) Japanese Address
Must use the current address in case applicant is living in Japan at the time of application.

7) Family Members
The spouse’s name must be indicted (if married)

8) Academic Background
The location of the school last attended in the applicant’s country must be indicated.

9) Job/Career History
Leave this section blank unless you have prior work experience.

10) Experience of learning foreign languages
The applicant must become proficient at writing in both hiragana and katakana beforebeginning study at NIT.

11) Financial Resources
It is very important to clearlyspecify who pays the tuition and fees and how the payment would be made.
Methods of payment;
(1) Bank transfers from abroad.
(2) Payments by legal guardians living in Japan.
(3) Direct payments by the applicant.
Note: only applicants or their legal guarantors may make payments.
Relationship with the applicant: Must be specified in case the payment is made either by transferring from abroad or by the guarantor living in Japan.

12) Date and applicant’s signature
Signature and the date must be completed in the applicant’s own handwriting.

B. Medical Certificate
Must use the designated form and be filled out by the physicians.

C. Study Plan
A Study Plan, written by the applicant, must be prepared and submitted prior tothe interview.
Study Plans should indicate purpose of studying in Japan and a description of theapplicant’s special abilities, talents, licenses, and the like.
They should also discuss the subjects the applicant wishes to study and explainwhy he/she wishes to study them.
The Study Plan should further relate to the applicant’s plans after the completion of the program, including his or her expectations for entering regular university studies in Japan or in his/her home country and what he or she hopes to study.

A translation must be included, if the Study Plan is written in a language other than Japanese.

D. Affidavit for financial support
To be presented to Nippon Institute of Technology.
Parents or relatives, residing in Japan or abroad, must guarantee financial support for the applicant. *The basic condition to be satisfied here is proof of an annual income of over 6,000,000, which is the total amount a student will need while studying at NIT. The appropriate documents to prove the annual income must be provided (refer to 6-C-2). Self-support All amount on the documentation regarding financial support must be either in Japanese Yen or US Dollars.

E. Affidavit
The legal guarantor in the applicant’s home country (the individual who supports the applicant financially) must also take responsibility for the applicant’s conduct while he or she studies in Japan. The legal guarantor must sign the affidavit in his or her own handwriting.
The legal guarantor who resides in Japan must be selected and entrusted by the applicant. The legal guarantor in Japan is to be entrusted by the legal guarantor in the applicant’s home country to take full responsibility for offering guidance to the applicant in following instructions from NIT. The legal guarantor in Japan must sign the affidavit in his or her own handwriting.
When the applicant enters the Bekka, the legal guarantor who resides in Japan must sign the affidavit on behalf of the guarantor who resides in the applicant’s home country in his/her own handwriting as well.

F. Detailed explanation on how the legal guarantor in Japan accepted to take responsibility of Legal Guardianship (in Japan) of the applicant
Detailed explanation of how the legal guarantor of Japan accepted to take responsibility of legal guardianship of the applicant must be provided.
The legal guarantor in Japan must fill out this document in his or her own handwriting.

Procedures for renewal of the Residence Permit and Change of Status
When an application for further studies is submitted either to N.I.T or to other universities upon completion of the program at BEKKA, the following documents are needed in order to renew a Residence Permit and to change visa status.

1) A copy of a Letter of Admission from the school to which an applicant has been admitted.
In the case that the applicant has been accepted as a special or auditing student, documentation indicating the subjects, contents, and hours of his or her’ studies, prepared by the school to which the applicant has been admitted.

2) Documentation proving full financial ability of the applicant during his or her stay in Japan;
if someone other than the applicant will take the financial responsibility during his or her stay in Japan, documentation of that person’s income and reasons for taking responsibility for the applicant.

3) Confirmation of fund transfers

4) Confirmation of financial support (a copy of receipt of scholarship, a proof of transferred money, and a bank account statement, etc.)

5) Confirmation of activities other than that permitted under the status of residence (if any)


Back to top